Assessment & Treatment of Work Related Musculoskeletal Injuries
Record date: July 24th, 2022
Length: 2 hours
Purchase includes lifetime access; recording will be added to your account 3-7 days after the live date
Approved for 2 NCCAOM PDAs, category PE-CW
Thousands of employee hours are lost every year due to workplace injuries. Electro-Acupuncture and soft tissue work are some of the best tools to get patients back to work much sooner through increasing range of motion and decreasing pain. Another extremely important aspect of treating work-related injuries is the ability to write an injury and treatment plan report for justification of continued care of the patient. In this webinar, you will learn how to write a report to present to the Worker’s Compensation insurance company, employer, and/or referring physician so you can explain why the patient requires treatment with Acupuncture for their work-related injury.
- Review key concepts including motor inhibition, noxious stimuli, chronic systemic vs mechanical
- Review how to take an MSK patient history for work place injuries
- Understand common work related injuries and what to target to affect the greatest change in ROM
- Review assessment protocols for work related injuries
- Learn how to improve range of motion and reduce pain
- Review treatment protocols including electro-acupuncture, motor points, pecking, and soft tissue manual therapy.
- Learn how to write an injury and treatment report to justify continued care for a work-related injury
What are the elements of workplace injury?
•anatomy of structures at play
Understanding the role of electroacupuncture
-range of motion
-retraining of injury
How To Assess a Patient with Workplace MSK Injury
-characteristics of injured workers ( patients)
LIVE Patient Example
About Dr. Anthony Lombardi:
Dr. Anthony Lombardi is a 2002 graduate of the New York Chiropractic College and McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture program in Hamilton, Ontario, and has been practicing acupuncture for 19 years. Upon graduation, he founded Hamilton Back Clinic and since then has become a private consultant to athletes in the NFL, CFL, and NHL. Over the past 15 years Anthony has given over 100,000 acupuncture treatments. In addition to practicing, Dr. Lombardi was also an instructor in the Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program at McMaster University from 2004 to 2013. He developed his EXSTORE® system, which he currently teaches along with motor points and electro-acupuncture, to physicians and practitioners the world over. He regularly writes and contributes articles on motor points in the Canadian Chiropractic and Chiropractic Economics magazines. Dr. Lombardi’s library continues to grow, with some 60 webinars available covering a variety of MSK and pain conditions, as well as patient practice management topics. He holds live seminars throughout the U.S. and Canada.