How To Assess, Treat, Rehab and Correct Foot Abnormalities Using Acupuncture, Exercise, Taping, and Custom Foot Orthotics
Date: July 8th-9th 2023
Location: Albany, NY
Venue: Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy, 14 Computer Drive West, Colonie NY
Recommended: Attendance of the EXSTORE seminar or knowledge of EXSTORE and electro-acupuncture techniques
Course description: In addition to foot pain being a common condition we see in our clinics, many other MSK conditions such as back and knee pain have at their root an issue with the feet and gait. Treating these patients without addressing the foot and gait issues will not fully resolve their condition. In this seminar, the practitioner will learn how to assess and treat issues of the foot and gait using a variety of techniques, and then also be able to fit the patient with orthotics to more substantially correct their condition and resolve their pain.
- Understand foot mechanics including correct joint mechanics, ROM and normal movement
- Review assessment including gait analysis
- Understand the various foot mechanics pathologies and how they affect the patient
- Learn various treatments to correct foot pathologies including acupuncture, taping, rehab exercises, foot casting and sizing
- Review the business side of foot orthotics
This seminar covers:
- Assessment and gait analysis
- Needling Protocols To Prepare Rehab
- Rehab Exercises
- Taping Protocols
- How To Cast and Make Modifications for Custom Foot Orthotics.
- The Business of Custom Foot Orthotics & How To Incorporate Into Your Practice
- Learn Joint Mechanics of the Lower Extremity and minimum Ranges of Movement Required for normal movement.
- Understanding the Effects of Subtalar Joint Pronation
- Understand Effects of Lack of Subtalar Joint Movement
- Understanding Pes Planus & Pes Cavus
- Learn the mechanical effects of Hallux Valgus/Rigidus
- Practice on one another to perfect your techniques
- NEEDLING PROTOCOLS: Learn various needling protocols to prepare foot and leg musculature for exercise rehabilitation. Practice on one another to perfect your techniques
- REHABILITATION EXERCISES: Learn exercise protocols to teach your patients to do at how to help correct their foot abnormalities. Practice on one another to perfect your techniques
- TAPING: Learn several taping protocols to adjust foot abnormalities like subtalar joint pronation, pes planus, pea cavus, hallux rigidus, and ankle injury Practice on one another to perfect your techniques
- FOOT CASTING FOR CUSTOM FOOT ORTHOTICS: Learn how to cast the foot using foam castings and learn about all of the different positional modifications you need to make to customize the orthotic device
- HANDS-ON PRACTICE: Practice on one another to perfect your techniques\
THE BUSINESS SIDE OF ORTHOTICS:
- Industry professionals representing labs that manufacture orthotics come in to teach the business side of dispensing custom orthotics and how to incorporate it into your practice
Seminar cancellation policy:
- For cancellations 14 days or more before the Clinical Training Intensive, a credit will be issued. Credit must be used within 12 months.
- Cancellations less than 14 days of the seminar: No refunds or credits
- Cancellation due to COVID: This would occur only if local or State government prevented the event from taking place, for example, a shut down or preventing travel. In these cases, refunds will be issued
About Dr. Lombardi:
Dr. Anthony Lombardi is a 2002 graduate of the New York Chiropractic College and McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture program in Hamilton, Ontario, and has been practicing acupuncture for 19 years. Upon graduation, he founded Hamilton Back Clinic and since then has become a private consultant to athletes in the NFL, CFL, and NHL. In addition to practicing, Dr. Lombardi was also an instructor in the Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program at McMaster University from 2004 to 2013. Over the past 20 years Anthony has given over 170,000 acupuncture treatments.
In 2011 Dr Lombardi developed his EXSTORE® system, which he currently teaches along with motor points and electro-acupuncture to physicians and practitioners the world over. Dr. Lombardi’s library continues to grow, with some 70 webinars available covering a variety of MSK and pain conditions, as well as patient practice management topics. In his private practice, Dr. Lombardi treats 150 patients a week and averages 12 new patients a week.