Anatomy, The Fascia, & Accessory Movements of the Foot & Ankle w/Injury Treatment Using Manual & Electro-Acupuncture Principles
Record date: May 16th, 2020
Length: 1 hour 19 minutes
Approved for 1 NCCAOM PDA, Category PE-CW
Purchase includes lifetime access to the recording
After purchase, you can find the class in ‘My Account’ at the bottom of the screen.
This is an interactive webinar where Dr. Lombardi narrates the webinar to clarify and explain concepts. fascia, tendon, and needling.
This webinar includes:
- Bone, joint, muscle, nerve anatomy of the foot and ankle
- Introduction to the fascia of the foot and ankle
- Innervation of the fascia and retinacula of the ankle, paratendon and its role in proprioception
- Properties and role of fascia in force absorption and entry point of energy
- Understanding what joint move most during gait (walking) and running
- Learning what accessory movements are and their role in gait and injury along with their effect on the knee, and hip
- Demonstrating manual release and acupuncture treatment using hand positions on an anatomical model of the foot/ankle with prosthetic fascia
- Treatments for acute and chronic ankle sprain. Electro-acupuncture, manual therapy, and gua sha.
About Dr. Lombardi:
Dr. Anthony Lombardi is a 2002 graduate of the New York Chiropractic College and McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture program in Hamilton, Ontario, and has been practicing acupuncture for 19 years. Upon graduation, he founded Hamilton Back Clinic and since then has become a private consultant to athletes in the NFL, CFL, and NHL. Over the past 15 years Anthony has given over 100,000 acupuncture treatments. In addition to practicing, Dr. Lombardi was also an instructor in the Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program at McMaster University from 2004 to 2013. He developed his EXSTORE® system, which he currently teaches along with motor points and electro-acupuncture, to physicians and practitioners the world over. He regularly writes and contributes articles on motor points in the Canadian Chiropractic and Chiropractic Economics magazines. Dr. Lombardi’s library continues to grow, with some 60 webinars available covering a variety of MSK and pain conditions, as well as patient practice management topics. He holds live seminars throughout the U.S. and Canada.